Tuesday, June 22

Calico Basin

This past Saturday evening we went to Calico Basin. It's just west of town before the Red Rock park. Everything in Calico is so green and there is a lovely cool breeze. I actually felt a bit depressed when we had to leave. It was almost like being back home. The air even felt a little less dry. Anyways, I brought along my camera and shot a few pictures of our darling daughter. Note to self (and anyone else planning a trip to Calico): Bring a stroller. Loralye did okay most of the time, but the walkway is made up of unsealed wood and every time she sat down she got a splinter. Anyways, here are my favorite pictures from the evening.
All along the walk way were little resting points with signs about wildlife or plants. Loralye sat down here and wouldn't come with us. We started walking away and said bye bye to her and she just gave me this smile...
Stomping like daddy.
Taking a break for crackers and milk...
It was so green out there! I loved it!
After a diaper and clothes change we headed home for bed. All that walking wiped her out!

4 comments:

Jani Jean said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress!

Christi Budge said...

What a cute girl she is!!! She is getting so big!

Unknown said...

I love all the pics. Loralye is growing up so fast. She is looking like a little girl these days instead of our baby girl. :) If the weather is permitting we should go there when we come out next month. :)

Silver Strands said...

Ahhh Lauren - that DRESS! Oh my!
oxox
Denalee