Monday, June 28

Lazy Weekend

We had such a fabulous weekend! We cleaned the house a bit, did some laundry, I spent 3 hours making my first lasagna (roasted turkey and bell pepper whole wheat lasagna with homemade roasted garlic and onion marinara... it was to die for! Which is fortunate because after 3 hours of working in the kitchen, I would have had a temper tantrum if it didn't taste amazing.), and I didn't have to leave the house for anything except church. Normally I like to go out on the weekend, but since our weekends for the next two months are all 100% full, I loved having a laid back weekend with my love and our bunny.
Loralye is becoming less of a baby all the time. She just needs to learn to speak English now and we'll have a full blown little girl. She loves to color, "read" books, put together her farm puzzle, talk on the phone (any phone, or anything that looks like a phone) really loudly while laughing and making grand arm gestures with her free hand, take care of her baby dolls and stuffed animals, help me with the laundry (including putting dirty clothes in the dryer if I accidentally leave the laundry room door open), and talk baby nonsense non-stop. We love our little chatter box :)

5 comments:

Silver Strands said...

Awww Lauren - that is SO sweet!
oxox
Denalee

Amanda said...

Lazy weekends are so nice sometimes! Loralye is getting so big!

Dyanna Stephens said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Would you be willing to share the recipe for the lasagna? ... it sounds really good.

Paul, Kami and Henry said...

Oh my. I'm dying over those pigtails in her hair! She is adorable and sounds like she is lots of fun. I can't wait until she starts talking - I bet she'll have lots to say!

Shane & Nikki said...

I agree with Kami. The combination of those pigtails and her cheeks. To die for.