My goodness. Where has the time gone? Loralye is officially closer to her 2nd birthday than she is to her 1st. It's so exciting. She learns something new every day. Here is a bit of what she's up to right now:
-She knows what a lion says (arrr... said in her most raspy voice), what a doggie says (woof woof), what a cow says (moooooo), and occasionally what a kitty (oww) and an owl (ooo ooo) say.
-She knows where her hair, ears, eyes, nose, lips, tongue, chin, hands, fingers, belly button, and toes are. We are working on her knees and buns right now :)
-She follows direction pretty well and likes to mimic people's actions. Aaron was coughing the other night and was patting his chest, so Loralye started patting her chest too. So cute!
-She loves all of her "babies" and likes to sleep with them, ride in the car with them, and take them to work. Her current favorite babies are Pooh Bear, her dollies (Molly, Lucy, Hazel, and Jemima - yes, I named them all), her little bunny, and Elmo. If she could she would hold all 7 of them at once.
-She also likes anything with a baby or baby doll on it. She was kissing, hugging, and rocking a memory game card all morning because there was a baby doll on it.
-She loves little kids. She giggles uncontrollably when she sees kids running around or rough housing and tries to join in too if she can (She definitely got that from her father... when I was a little girl I cried when my dad and brothers would wrestle).
I tried to get some pictures of her on her 19 month birthday, but she was being a little difficult. This is one of the ones I managed to get... She's got my work phone wedged under her jaw and is talking with her hands. She has been watching me on the phone a little too much I think!

Quick family update: We got the keys to our rental townhouse last night! We are so happy! Loralye immediately started trying to walk up the stairs, so we also bought a baby gate last night :) Aaron moved a ton of boxes over last night and will be moving more tonight and we have some guys coming over on Saturday morning to help us (help Aaron, I should say) move all the furniture and a few big boxes! I'm so happy to be out of our overpriced garage-less apartment! Yay!
4 comments:
Love the picture, isn't it funny how they mimic everything we do!?
Post pictures of the new place when you get it all together, good luck moving!
That telephone picture is PRECIOUS.
oxox
Denalee
Wow, look at her hair! It looks so thick. She is a doll.
How cute, I name Peyton's too, usually. Sometimes she comes up with some interesting names. She named a Barbie Grandpa Frank.
Post a Comment