Loralye got to go to her first birthday party for a friend her own age last night! Our good friends Chris and Shae threw a party for their daughter, Lucy, for her 1st birthday and we all had a fabulous time. I hope that Lucy and Loralye will become good friends as they grow up. For now I'll have to be happy with Lucy tolerating Loralye's constant poking, patting, and general lack of gentleness. At the end of the night, Loralye was given a couple balloons to go home with and she was thrilled. EVERY time we go to a store with balloons, she wants to go see them, but when I bring them down to her level, she freaks out. Last night though, she held them like this all the way home and again on the way to work this morning...

In other news, my parents were in town a bit last week. Their schedules were a bit crazy (mom flew in Wed. night, dad drove in later that night, they both flew to SLC for a reunion Thurs. night and flew back here on Sun. morning, dad drove home shortly after arriving here on Sun., and mom flew back home Mon. night... phew), but we were able to go window shopping at the Venetian and they also stayed home with Loralye on Thursday while I went to work. It's always strange to be at work without her. It's MUCH nicer, but still strange to have such a quiet office. Here's the one picture I got from the time with my parents. We were at the Venetian food court getting sandwiches for dinner and I'm guessing she had a question for the teacher?
Life is going pretty well right now. Not that things were terrible before, but they are just better now. We are kinda drowning in our debt, but had never sat down and had a serious discussion about how to get ourselves back on dry land again until a couple of nights ago. We have three credit cards, a dirt bike, a car, and a student loan that need to be paid off. We will probably just stick with the current schedule of the student loan and have it paid off by 2025 (stupid WyoTech), but we will have EVERYTHING else paid off by the middle of 2013! I can't wait. I know it's a ways off, but I can't even begin to describe how happy it makes me to have a plan in place. I always feel more at peace when I have a plan or a list or an agenda to follow. Without it I feel like my life is in chaos. Anyways, with this plan in motion I can now start counting down to retirement and Baby Green #2! Just 3 more years. Aaron and I would both love to have more kids asap, but I can't work with 2 kids and I can't quit until our debt is paid off. Plus I think Loralye will LOVE being an only child for another 3ish years. She freaks out when I even hold another baby, so I can only imagine how crazy she would go if she became a big sister any time soon :)I love my COUNTDOWNS...
2 hours until our 3 day weekend.
15 days until we go to St. George for Jake and Courtney's wedding & baby shower.
17 days until Aaron and Allen leave for UT, WY, and CO for a week of dirtbikes.
17 days until Loralye and I get a week's worth of girl nights.
29 days until I get to throw a baby shower for Tara and Jaxson.
34 days until Loralye and I go to Clovis.
69 days until my 25th birthday.
90 days until Disneyland with my whole family (minus Elder Call).
Ahh.. A list of plans. I am so at peace right now :)
2 comments:
Girls Nights (or week) when husbands go on their silly dirt bike trips are the best! I eat all the sushi I want when Judd goes on his adventures!
Sounds like a fun party--did you notice how much cuter the house is now that Chris & Shae live there!? (: They are great. Anyway, I can't believe how old your baby is getting...if I can even call her that anymore. So cute!
Post a Comment