Monday, March 8

Gramma Janice

My Gramma Janice passed away this past Thursday night. It came as a great shock for my entire family. She was healthy and active. The thought of her passing has never even come into my mind. My Papa, her dear husband, has been sick for years. My thoughts of losing another grandparent always went to him and my worry for how Gramma would handle it. I just wish I could have had one last 2 hour long phone conversation with her. Those were her favorite. She would always try to end the conversation, "I should probably let you go..." and then talk for another half hour. She couldn't help it. She just loves her family so much. She always wanted to know everything going on in my life and was interested in every detail. I love her for that. She also spoke about the church every time we spoke. She was so strong in the gospel and in her knowledge of God's plan for us. I know that her family is so happy to be reunited with her. Her daughter Cheri Ann passed away the same day she was born and it brings me peace to know that Gramma is with her again after over 50 years on earth without her. It also brings me peace to know that she was true to her faith for her entire life. Her testimony was unwavering. I love my Gramma and will miss her happiness, her strength, her kindness, her beauty, and her love.

This is one of my favorite pictures of my Gramma and Papa. They were married just a couple days after she graduated from high school. Isn't she gorgeous?!

6 comments:

Paul, Kami and Henry said...

Great post! Gramma is beautiful inside and out. I love her to pieces. That wedding picture is so cute. Look how happy they are! See you in a couple days.

Denalee said...

My sympathies ... my Aunt Marjorie (your great aunt) passed away this past week as well. Definitely bitter-sweet. Sounds like you had a really wonderful relationship with your Gramma.

Nate and Sarah said...

I'm so sorry for your loss...but your post has inspired me to call both of my Grandmas this week. Thanks for that!
What a chance to rejoice in the knowledge that you WILL see her again. I don't know how people handle the passing of a loved one without KNOWING that.

Cynthia Christopherson said...

Losing grandparents is so hard, they seem to have a love for you that no one else does and so I am glad you and your family are able to find peace in the gospel and the atonement. She was SUCH a beautiful bride. :D Thanks for sharing that picture. And i know I've said it a million times, but I love you and if I can do anything let me know.

Tasty Tidbits said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. It's hard to lose them, but like you said they are in a better place with family all around them. And someday we will see them again too! What comforting knowledge. :) Tell your family I love them and my thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

Unknown said...

I loved the post, and am happy you have such fond memories of your Gramma !! She was indeed a beautiful bride and so happy !! You have big shoes to fill, but I know you are an image of your Gramma and a great mom and Gramma to be someday !! How awesome that you have such good examples of how to live a good life !! I love ya Miss Lauren !! You are in my thoughts and prayers !!