Tuesday, March 2

I was born a ramblin' [wo]man.

I can't believe it's been over a month since I've posted any pictures on here! And don't get your hopes up, you're not getting any now. I'm about to ramble. You've been warned.

We have had a busy month. As many of you know, my mom was in the hospital again with two more blood clots (She was in the hospital for 2 weeks in October for the first one). They were able to remove one, but the other will be my mom's permanent companion. So on Tuesday, February 2nd Loralye and I drove to Clovis and stayed until Sunday visiting with her and trying to help her out. I did bring my camera, but never took it out of my bag! The next weekend was Valentine's Day and we didn't do anything special, including taking any pictures. We spent the third weekend in St. George with my Aunt Leanne, Uncle Scott, and their kids. We had a blast! We took Loralye to see a movie in the theater for the first time (Princess and the Frog... She loved it!) and she also decided that walking can be fun! About a half hour before we headed back home, she wanted her hands held so she could walk all over! I bet she'll be walking on her own within a month. And again, I took my camera to St. George, but didn't use it! This last weekend I decided to fly out to Clovis with Loralye to surprise my mom and again, left my camera in my bag the whole time. It was a fun trip and I know that seeing Loralye was just what the doctor ordered for my mom. I was also able to do a session at the Fresno temple on Saturday morning with my dear friend Janice which was just what the doctor ordered for me! We flew back home on Sunday evening ($55 round-trip ticket from Allegiant Air!!) and have been trying to adjust to normal life yet again.

This week marks mine and Loralye's one year anniversary of working together. She was just 6 weeks and 3 days old when she first came to work with me! I still can't believed that I have made it through this whole year. It has been a bit of a nightmare, but apparently survivable. Don't get me wrong, I am crazy grateful to be able to bring Loralye with me. We would be filing for bankruptcy if I couldn't, but it just about the furthest thing from fun. I know for sure that I will NOT have another child until I can stay home full time. I'm well aware that might mean Loralye will be an only child for a long while, but I can't do this again. The bad weekdays outweigh the good ones being a full time employee and a full time mom. For those of you stay at home moms who complain about being at home: Shut up!! Yes mom, I know, I know... Dishes! You have it made ladies! Find fun things to go out and do, but don't wench about being able to stay home and take care of your kids like all moms should. I would give up just about anything to never have to work again. And I'm kind of trying to. We got rid of cable, opted for a cheaper cell phone plan, will be ditching our BlackBerries in November to get rid of astronomical internet fees, are looking for a cheaper place to move to in July, and have a plan already in motion to pay off our significant amount of debt as quickly as humanly possible.

To those of you who made it all the way to the end of this: Yes, I know my life is a million times better than it could be. Yes, I know that I am blessed beyond measure. I have an always smiling, always laughing, always loving husband. I have the cutest, sweetest baby girl that was ever born. I have wonderful parents, siblings, in-laws, extended family, and friends. I have a car to drive around, a roof over my head, food to eat at every meal, clothes on my back, and a thousand extra things I do not need. But this is my blog and I'm entitled to rant a bit when I feel like it.

7 comments:

Susan said...

yep, you go ahead and rant, girl!! Nothing wrong with that! (: I hope that you guys are doing well, we miss you! We will be back in Vegas in about a month, so we will have to get together.

Denalee said...

loved, Loved, LOVED this post! And I say a big DITTO. Would sure like to meet you in person some day :)

Unknown said...

I am actually teary eyed my sweet young friend !! You have your priorities in order !! I would do anything to go back and just be Hill's mom, we missed so much !! But I had no choice either !!! She is awesome but I'm so blessed !! I say rant all you want and do all you can to stay home with Loralye !! She is worth everything you have to do be with her !!! I remember those days too, when every free moment was spent cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping !!! She is worth the things you'll never miss !!

Cynthia Christopherson said...

Haha, I LOVE YOU! ...and I love that I could hear you saying every last word. :D Just so you know, the doctor actually told me on Sunday in the ER that they were prescribing some more Lauren and Loralye. Lol. Hopefully as Loralye gets older it will get easier instead of harder. I can't imagine how hard it is to manage to take care of her and do your work. You're basically my every day hero. Can't wait to see you again!!!

Unknown said...

You are an AMAZING woman! You do so much and are allowed to rant from time to time.
I love you and I love that your priorities are RIGHT ON! :)
Give my Sweet Loralye a hug from her Grams! :)

Nate and Sarah said...

I totally admire what you do. I can hardly work and take care of our house (even with a TON of help from my husband) I think about adding a child to the mix and it freaks me out. I do hope that my priorities will change someday...but the way we see it now, we'll have a stay at home dad and a working mother.

kelly said...

Well said! We have cut all we can so I can do what I do and stay home. Some people look at me like I'm crazy when they hear we don't have tv. It's highly overrated. There's always the library, did you know you can get just about anything on dvd there? You are doing a great job, it was good to see you and Loralye for a few minutes in the foyer on Sunday!