Monday, March 15

Family

This past week Aaron, Loralye, and I traveled to San Jose and St. George for my Gramma's funeral and burial. I am so grateful to my dad for flying us to San Jose, my uncle Mike and aunt Marnee for driving us to Clovis after the funeral, and my dad, mom, and Phil for letting us squish into the truck with them to drive back to Las Vegas. I am so glad that I was able to attend the funeral and say one last goodbye to my Gramma. It was a beautiful funeral and it was wonderful to hear so many stories about her and the wonderful woman she was. It was the first time in a long, long time that so many of my aunts, uncles, and cousins from my mom's side of the family were together. At her funeral, Gramma's bishop gave the family some advice. He said that (and I'm paraphrasing here) while this is a time of mourning, it should also be a time of joy. That we should treat this as a family reunion, share stories and memories of Gramma, and enjoy our time together. And we did. It was so wonderful to be able to see every single one of my cousins and many of their spouses and children too. I am so glad to call each and every one of them my family.
The cousins after the funeral.
It's crazy how quickly a family grows. Here's the last picture we have of so many of us together. I don't remember when exactly this was taken. I know it was sometime after I graduated in 2003. Since this picture 4 of us have gotten married, 2 are engaged, and 9 babies have been born.I didn't take many pictures during the weekend (surprise, surprise!), but I did manage to capture this. Loralye loves her cousin Greta (my cousin Niki's 3 month old daughter). Greta was not too fond of being hugged by a 13 month old who squeezes a bit too tight and grabs onto her face instead of her middle sometimes, but we all thought it was cute!
I wanted to share this picture as well. This is the last picture that I have with my Gramma. It was at our sealing in 2008 at the Oakland temple. It was a beautiful day and I am so glad that my Gramma was there to share it with me.I love you Gramma. You always had a warm smile and kind word for everyone you saw. I hope that I can live my life so that you will always be proud of me and so that we can be together again.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey! Where did you get all these great Gramma pictures?? I need them!

You are a very cute blogger. Keep it up!

Unknown said...

Love the pics.....