Monday, August 31

Pictures Galore

Loralye has yet to get into a crawling position on her own, but she's definitely working on standing. She can't get from sitting to standing by herself, but once we stand her up against the couch, she can stay there for a while if she wants to.

Standing. Her hair looks so red sometimes. I can't wait until it comes in more to see what it'll really look like!
Starting to slide down... Sucking on the couch as she goes. Typical Loralye.
Pleased with herself for sitting down gently.
I realized this weekend that I haven't taken many pictures over the last couple of weeks so on Sunday after church I was determined to work a photo shoot into our schedule. Loralye was in such a good mood and actually gave me a decent amount of pictures where her hand wasn't in her mouth and she wasn't wiggling and rolling like a mad woman. Here are a few of my favorites from the afternoon.
I just had to show off this cute little onesie. Love the ruffles!!
Look at those teeth!

I love these black and white shots...


Our weekend was super laid back. Loralye was sick at the beginning of last week and is still getting over her runny nose and she passed her fever along to her daddy who was super sick all Friday and Saturday. So we were homebodies this weekend and I loved it. I got all of the laundry and dishes done that had started to pile up and we were able to enjoy some quality family time playing. Life is sweet :)

OH! One last thing... I have been such a nervous Nancy about giving Loralye anything to eat that would involve her having to chew, but after talking to both my mother and mother-in-law I decided to give Loralye Cherrios this weekend. Nothing scary happened - no choking or anything (Thank heaven!!) - but she only actually ate 2 Cherrios!! She hates them! As soon as one touches her tongue, her whole faces scrunches up in disgust and she spits it out. The only reason 2 made it down her throat is because she accidentally swallowed one and I constantly pushed the second back in her mouth because she had broken it into pieces and it was pretty much soaked to mush. Is this a normal reaction for a baby? My plan is to not give them to her for a few days and then see how she reacts to them later in the week, but I'm open to advice for other options too! Love ya'll!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first 12 or 13 times we gave Livia those melt in your mouth baby puffs she pulled faces and gagged and spit them out. I kept feeding them to her because it was so hilarious. Now she likes them, so I say just keep trying. And I LOVE the black and white photos, so cute!

Tasty Tidbits said...

Love all the pictures! She's getting so big so fast!

Jay and Lindy said...

Love the black and whites. That's one cute little girl!!

Anonymous said...

i'll be so jealous if she's a redhead!!!!

Cheerfully Charmed said...

I love that she sucks on the couch! Ha ha! Cute little ruffle butt has graduated to Cheerios? She's all grown up! :)

Jessica Havican said...

My husband would concur with Loralye about cheerios. He thinks thinks they are nasty too, but I love them with a tiny bit of sugar and cut up bananas. I love the new pics and love the pic you put up on your banner. So cute!

Kerrie said...

All of the gerber baby munchies are so good now days. Ritz are great too, they become mush before they even get to their mouth.

Unknown said...

I was in Panera and there was a baby with this little pacifier of sorts !! It was a small mesh bag attached to the base of a pacifier and in it was an apple piece and she was just chewing away at it but none of the big piecs could get in her mouth !! We asked about it and her mother said she could give her fruit in it and she loved it, it is the darnest thing !!

Unknown said...

PS love the pics !!!

Unknown said...

She is a BEAUTIFUL angel baby!! I hope that her hair is like yours! I love the red that has come thru from generation to generation.
I love, LOVE all the new pictures!! You are a fabulous photographer and Loralye is one photogenic cutie pie! :)