A talk was given in my ward (I think it was on High Council Sunday) about the Sabbath Day a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely loved it and wanted to share a bit of it...
The brother speaking said that there are people in the church who want to know exactly what they can and cannot do on Sundays so that they can get as close to the line drawn between good and bad activities as possible without crossing it. He said what we really should be doing is trying to stay as far from the line as we can. He went on to say that the Word of Wisdom is not about food or drinks or drugs; tithing is not about money; and the Sabbath Day is not about the activities that we can or cannot do that day. The Word of Wisdom, paying tithing, and the Sabbath Day are all about a principle and a promise. If we follow the principles taught, the Lord has promised to bless us. He said that on the Sabbath Day we should enter the Lord's presence. We should separate ourselves from the world and draw closer to the spirit. It is a day set aside to feel the spirit and focus on becoming nearer to our Heavenly Father.
I was just so touched by this talk that I had to share. I hope you all had a fun weekend and a wonderful Sabbath Day! Aaron's 28th birthday is on Friday, so I'll have some new pictures next week! Love ya'll!!
The brother speaking said that there are people in the church who want to know exactly what they can and cannot do on Sundays so that they can get as close to the line drawn between good and bad activities as possible without crossing it. He said what we really should be doing is trying to stay as far from the line as we can. He went on to say that the Word of Wisdom is not about food or drinks or drugs; tithing is not about money; and the Sabbath Day is not about the activities that we can or cannot do that day. The Word of Wisdom, paying tithing, and the Sabbath Day are all about a principle and a promise. If we follow the principles taught, the Lord has promised to bless us. He said that on the Sabbath Day we should enter the Lord's presence. We should separate ourselves from the world and draw closer to the spirit. It is a day set aside to feel the spirit and focus on becoming nearer to our Heavenly Father.
I was just so touched by this talk that I had to share. I hope you all had a fun weekend and a wonderful Sabbath Day! Aaron's 28th birthday is on Friday, so I'll have some new pictures next week! Love ya'll!!
3 comments:
Happy early birthday to Aaron!!!
And thanks for sharing such a great topic. What a good reminder for us all!
Have a wonderful Birthday Aaron!! And Lauren it sounds like you heard a great talk. That's Awesome!
Words of wisdom and sound counsel. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment